Friday, July 31, 2009

Concluding Year Two and Looking Ahead

August wraps up the second year of St. Patrick's reading group. I hope you enjoyed this year's selections as much as I did. In fact, I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite. Each one is so different and reminds me how each of us has such a unique journey to salvation.

Plans are already in the works for the year ahead--with a few changes.

While the book recommendations seem to be appreciated, we continue to struggle to gain participation in getting our readers together for group discussions. So, we're going to continue, but will only schedule the discussions if there are enough of our readers who request a meeting.

We are also going to be making changes in the way books are purchased, so stay tuned for the details.

The important thing is to continue to learn about our faith so that every day we can develop an even deeper relationship with God.

For those of you who are interested, I thought I would provide a link to a copy of the study guide for our summer book that has my personal notes included.

Study Guide for The Diary of a Country Priest w/Responses

If you find this guide helpful, please leave a comment. (I am on the fence about providing study guides for our next season. Your comments--or lack thereof--will help me decide.)

No comments: