Wednesday, May 14, 2008

He Leadeth Me

He Leadeth Me by Fr. Walter J. Ciszek is the book that I selected for our summer read. It is a book of private reflections by a priest who spent twenty-three years in Russian labor camps after being accused of acting as a Vatican spy. Now you may be wondering why I would choose such a story for this time of year, but once you start reading, I think you'll agree that Fr. Ciszek's message is uplifting and inspiring and that he has something to teach all of us about how our faith can sustain us when life gets tough, or even just plain dull.

Copies of this book are available in St. Patrick's Gift and Book store. I have also prepared a study guide for this book that can be picked up at the book store or can be printed from this link:
Study Guide for He Leadeth Me

An optional discussion group for this book will be scheduled in August. I will list a date on this site as soon as I have it, and I will have an announcement placed in the bulletin as we get closer to August.

No comments: